Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Are you the square root of 2? Because you're making me irrational (joke! haha)

Had school yesterday. Assembly sucked. No prelim practical so lesson was as-per-normal. There were only like, 2 lessons for me yesterday cause I dont take biology and, two teachers didnt come to class. At least, i learn something in chemistry class.

Yesterday after school I told Cedric I suddenly aspire to be a tattoo artist. and then he said, 'What the fuck! You watch too much Miami Ink'. haha no, i dont even know what Miami Ink is until he told me that it's some tv show on Discovery Channel or something. Okay, cool. I have no idea why the thought of becoming a tattoo artist came to my mind.

Earlier this year, i really really wanted to split my tounge. Like, this.

Tounge splitting is reversible. And it doesnt have any effect on speech. Once the split is healed there should be essentially no change in speech. Some people report a very minor lisp, although it tends to be so negligible that only those who are very acquainted with you will notice. Only in the most extreme (deep) tongue splits is there a noticeable lisp.

Is taste or eating affected?

Barring the extremely unlikely possibility of nerve damage, taste should not be affected in any way. Taste buds regenerate weekly, and their basic layout is not affected by the split, nor are any of their nerve pathways. In addition, the formation of the bolus does not appear to be affected by tongue splitting.

So, yeah. I did alot alot alot of research on tongue splitting. I asked for opinions from a couple of my friends and ALL of them said that i'm crazy. Some of them even told me that if I really go for tongue splitting, they wont take me as their friend anymore, haha.

I kept thinking whether I should do it and in the end, i decided not to. Because firstly, I bet it'll be difficult for me to find a job like that. Secondly, my parents are gonna kill me and chop me into pieces. Thirdly, I think i'm kinda too young. Fourth, the money (I thought of doing it myself at first but it's, suicidal. hahah) So dont worry friends, i'm not splitting my tongue anymore.

oh fuck I should be studying.

ps: true friends accept friends for who they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home